5. Chicken Pizza
When bulking up, you should increase your protein intake to 3g per kilo of body weight (225g a day if you weight 75kg), says Hugo Rivera, the author of The Body Sculpting Bible for Men. Fuelling your workouts takes 3g to 4g of carbs per kilo, so the pizza base helps to prevent a personal energy crisis. “Carbs help to shift bulk building amino acids from protein to muscles,” he says.
- 1 Frozen wholemeal pizza crust
- Cooked chicken breast
- 1 clove Garlic
- 50g Button mushrooms
- 50g Green beans
- 1 tbsp Pesto
- 30g Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼tsp Cracked black pepper
- 5g Fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Place pizza crust on baking pan to thaw. Cut or shred chicken into small pieces. Slice garlic and button mushrooms thinly. Then de-vein green beans.
2. Spread pesto evenly on topside of pizza crust, followed by half the Mozzarella cheese. Add chicken breast, garlic, green beans, mushrooms, black pepper and remaining cheese.
3. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, until cheese topping turns light to golden brown. Remove from oven, top with fresh basil. Serve.
Per serving: 610 calories, 60g carbohydrate, 33g protein, 29g fat, 10g fibre, 950mg sodium