2. Chicken Thigh Rice
To bulk up, you need to consume more calories. Chicken thigh, which is higher in calories (293 versus 231 for chicken breast), may be your ally. It also has more than twice the amount of zinc found in chicken breast (3.5mg versus 1.5mg). This mineral helps to boost your testosterone levels, which in turn promote muscle growth and recovery.
- 2 cups Rice, uncooked (300g)
- 3 tbsp Hainanese chicken rice paste (290 calories, 6.4g carbs, 2.2g protein, 3.9g fat, 1.2mg sodium)
- 3 cups Water
- 80g Cucumber
- 80g Tomato
- 2 tbsp Chicken rice chilli sauce
- 100g Chicken thigh
1. Wash rice grains and drain water. In rice cooker, add rice, chicken rice paste and water. Stir mixture until combined. Cover pot and flip “cook” switch on. Rice will take about 20 minutes to cook. Fluff rice gently with spatula.
2. Heat the non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place the chicken thigh with skin side down and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, periodically pressing it on pan with spatula until skin is golden brown. Flip it and cook flesh side for 3 to 4 minutes, pressing down on any visibly uncooked parts. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Then slice chicken meat into strips.
3. Slice cucumber and tomato into thin strips.
4. On plate, assemble dish by placing . of rice, chicken, cucumber and tomato. Serve with side of chicken rice chilli sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving: 280 calories, 37g carbohydrate, 9g protein, 4g fat, 440mg sodium, 2g fibre