When making a spaghetti sauce like Bolognese, crack some eggs (1 for each serving) into the simmering sauce and cover the pan with a lid. When the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, top each person’s plate of pasta with some sauce and an egg, and serve.
1 / 14 1) Poached In Tomato SauceRead more
2 / 14 2) Shirred (In Other Words, Baked)Read more
Put 1 Tbsp cream or butter in a ramekin and nuke for 30 seconds. Crack in 2 eggs, grate some fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano on top, and bake at 325F until the whites set, about 15 minutes. Vary the dish by adding other ingredients, such as cooked bacon or sausage, shredded cheddar, wilted spinach, and/or roasted red peppers.
4 / 14 4) Hard-Boiled, Straight UpRead more
Add a layer of eggs to a pot. Cover with water. Boil, turn off the heat, and cover. Wait 15 minutes. Plunge eggs into an ice bath. Peel. Salt. Eat.
5 / 14 5) Aggressively FriedRead more
In a stainless-steel pan, heat 1/4 inch oil on high. When it smokes, add 2 eggs. Cover; cook till the edges crisp. Serve on open-faced ham and cheese.
6 / 14 6) In The Best Egg SaladRead more
• Chop 3 or 4 hard-boiled eggs
• Add mayo, some chopped celery minced red onion, and 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
• Serve on lettuce with a toasted baguette
CHANGEUP: Swap the tarragon for 1 tsp curry powder and a pinch of cayenne.
7 / 14 7) For Dessert, As CustardRead more
• Add 2 eggs to a measuring cup note the volume
• Add an equal amount of half-and-half
• Add 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tbsp sugar, and a pinch of salt
• Divide between 2 ramekins, cover with foil, and steam until firm, 15 minutes
• Eat warm
8 / 14 8) For Hair On Your ChestRead more
• To make an incredible whiskey sour, combine 4 egg whites in a blender along with 8 ounces of bourbon or rye, 4 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of lime juice, and 4 tbsp of simple syrup
• Blend until frothy
• Serve the cocktail over ice
9 / 14 9) Frittata, Any Way You WishRead more
• Preheat the broiler
• In an oven-safe nonstick pan, cook your add-ins (potatoes, chorizo, spinach) until done
• Add whisked eggs (2 per person)
• Broil until the top sets, 2 to 3 minutes
• Upend onto a cutting board, slice, and serve with avocado
10 / 14 10) Lazy Man's Deviled EggsRead more
Halve a hard-boiled egg (see #4) and then top the halves with sour cream, smoked salmon, and dill. Or try mayo, mustard, and ground cayenne for a combo with heat.
11 / 14 11) As Eggy Cheese PuffsRead more
In a pot, boil 1 cup of lightly salted water and 1 stick of butter. Drop heat to medium, add 1 cup of flour, and mix until pastelike. Remove from heat and beat in 4 eggs, one at a time. Stir in a little grated Gruyere. Add to a zip-top bag, snip off a corner, and pipe portions onto a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F until puffed, 30 to 40 minutes.
12 / 14 12) Perfectly PoachedRead more
Bring a pan of water to a boil and turn the heat to low. Carefully crack an egg into a slotted spoon to let some of the white drain. Lower the egg into the water. When the white sets, 2 to 3 minutes, the egg is done. Add to chicken noodle soup, Caesar salad, or roasted asparagus.
13 / 14 13) Really Easy Fresh PastaRead more
Combine eggs and flour (2 eggs per cup). Knead your dough until smooth and then roll it out thin. Cut it into strips and boil them in salted water.