There are a few things that all men fear in common. One of these is the frightening bedroom scenario when you’ve got your game on, but not your hard-on. It’s tough enough getting a woman into your bed — the last thing you need is a serious equipment malfunction down below.
Here’s what to do to keep your bedroom rifle in tip-top shape and ready for action.
1. Don’t masturbate days beforehand. The more you ejaculate, the longer your refractory period.
2. Skip the post-romp cigarette. Nicotine kills erections faster than reruns of The Golden Girls, along with these other things that sabotage your erection.
3. After sex, trade massages. Relieving tension in any of your muscles decreases anxiety, a factor in secondary erections.
4. Have a drink or two. Alcohol in low doses increases the arousal signals from your brain to your penile tissue. Your inhibitions are down, so you’re more easily excited than if you were completely sober. But stop at two drinks. Anything more will inhibit performance.
5. Get moving. Good blood circulation is also important for maintaining strong erections. Improve yours simply by standing up and moving around.
6. Change the stimuli. No, not your partner, but rather the surroundings, the toys on the nightstand, her negligee, positions, etc.