How many times have you missed out on capturing a cool moment because your phone camera simply isn’t good enough? As good as many modern smartphones are now in terms of stability, like the iPhone XS and the Google Pixel 3 XL, few things can come close to a gimbal or stabilised camera to get smooth, steady shots.
The good news is DJI has just announced the launch of their new DJI Osmo Pocket – the smallest three-axis stabilised camera you can get right now. With 4K 60FPS recording capabilities and measuring at only 10cm in length, you’ll be able to bring this tiny camera anywhere.
But how does it perform? We take the DJI Osmo Pocket out for a run and see how it fares compared to the GoPro Hero 7.
DJI Osmo Pocket Specs:
- Measures just over 10cm (4 inches) in length
- Images and videos in stunning detail: 1/2.3-inch sensor; 12-megapixel photographs and 4K video up to 60fps at 100Mbps
Clear, high-quality audio: Built-in dual microphones and advanced noise-cancelling algorithms
- High-quality live view: Integrated 1-inch touch screen with the ability to toggle through various shooting modes, settings, review footage and access to full suite of creative features (e.g. ActiveTrack, FaceTrack, Timelapse & Motionlapse, FPV Mode, 3×3 & 180° Panorama)
- Intelligent features and recording modes: Story Mode – creative editing with preset music, video transitions and colouring; Pro Mode – access to camera setting adjustments and exposure settings, from rich video in bright conditions to a perfect handheld long exposure photo at night
- New, dedicated DJI Mimo app: Intuitive, powerful editing tools for users to enhance their photos and videos. Tools include HD live view during recording, intelligent modes, and a content sharing platform
- Mobile device connection: iOS Lightning or USB-C
- Battery life: Up to two hours shooting video in 4K, 30fps
If you like what you see and are itching to get your hands on DJI’s latest offering, DJI has announced that it will be available for pre-order at store.dji.com for USD$369 (SGD$505), and orders will start shipping out on 15 December.
Say goodbye to shaky videos once and for all.
By Gilbert Wong, Men’s Health Content Producer