BY NAOMI NAZARIO
This workout is an action-packed, bodyweight shredder centred around a unique combination of moves that will enhance your athleticism. With 1-minute sets of dynamic compound movements and no rest between exercises, you are guaranteed to melt fat.
“This circuit combines lower body balance and muscular endurance with a killer core workout. Burning fat and strengthening the core is just the start,” says Andy Speer, the creator of The Anarchy Abs Workout from Men’s Health.
The rebound and skater lunges focus on controlling the eccentric phase of movement—this is crucial in building athleticism and preventing injury in sports, Speer says.
The hollow body hold to v-up to roll is an all-in-one workout for your core. It hits your midsection from all angles, targeting the abs, obliques, and lower back.
Directions: Perform the exercises below in the order listed, 60 seconds each.
1. Lateral lunge slide to skater jump, right
2. Lateral lunge slide to skater jump, left
3. Scale balance hold (hold for 20 seconds) to rebound lunge, right (40 seconds)
4. Scale balance (hold for 20 seconds) to rebound lunge, left (40 seconds)
5. Hollow body hold to v-up to roll
Rest for 30 to 60 seconds. That’s one round. Do 3 to 5 rounds.