What It Is: The Philips Sports Headphones SHQ4000 are neckband headphones designed for active sports usage. They are made from high-grade water resistant materials so as to be rain and sweat-proof, as well as washable.
What It Does:
Constructed with water proof materials allowing you to wash your headphones under running tap water.
- Sweat Proof
Designed with a water resistant seal to protect your headphones from sweat related damage.
- Bass thumping stereo sound
Acoustics finely tuned to enhance the sporting
experience – fuel for your workout.
The ear caps and ear buds of the SHQ4000 contain an antibacterial agent that kills most common germs within 24 hours.
What We Liked:
- The combination of both the flexible lightweight neckband and cable clip worked really well to secure the headphones and it’s wires such that we hardly noticed we were wearing it — and that’s really rare to come across with a lot of other headphones supposedly designed for active use. The headphones never came close to being pried out of our reviewer’s ears, and the wires did not flail about wildly either. The SHQ4000 is worth buying for being so impressive in this regard alone.
- The key feature of being water and sweat resistant is really practical for our rain-prone, humid climate.
- The ear caps and ear buds of the SHQ4000 supposedly contain an antibacterial agent that kills most common germs within 24 hours. And even if that doesn’t do the job with germs, the SHQ4000 is also washable. Hygiene features will always be appreciated.
- Comes in 3 sizes of ultra-soft silicon caps to choose from. Always a nice touch for those of us with non-average ear lobes.
What We Didn’t Like:
- "Acoustics finely tuned to enhance the sporting experience"? We honestly can’t say we noticed.
- A wider range of colours to choose from other than striking red would have been nice.
Where To Get It: The Philips SHQ4000 Sports Headphones are available at all leading electronics retail outlets and cost $54.90.
Picture courtesy of Philips.