“Chest and triceps: every guy’s favorite bro-day,” says Jeremy Scott, owner of Jeremy Scott Fitness.
Total-body workouts are effective for fat-loss — and great for those of us who have limited time — but sometimes you just want to hit the weights to get a crazy pump.
This workout, designed by Scott and inspired by the king of muscle, Arnold Schwarzenegger, does just that for the chest and tris. The sheer volume of work targeting those muscle groups will lead to a real pump in the short term, and repeated exposures will lead to visible muscle development in the long run. Scott emphasizes that you shouldn’t rush through the movements; instead, focus on control and muscle contraction to get the most out of your workout.
One thing is for sure: you’ll leave the gym feeling ready to get into a flexing contest with the T-100.
- Flat dumbbell chest presses, 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline dumbbell bench press, 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dips and cable crossovers superset, 3 sets of max reps (a super set is alternating between sets of two exercises)
- Dumbbell skull crushers, 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Triceps rope pushdown, 5 minutes non-stop
- TRX triceps extension, 3 sets 8-12 reps
- Floor press and pushup superset, 10-1 descending ladder (10 floor presses and 10 pushups, then 9 and 9, 8 and 8, and so forth until you reach 1 rep of each)
By Naomi Nazario