What’s the first body part most people train when they’ve just started working out? That’s right, it’s the beach muscles, and that means growing those guns. If you want huge biceps and triceps, you have to master the basics of the bicep curl and tricep pushdown.
Who better to teach you how than the current Mr. Singapore and our Men’s Health Cover Guy 2018 Finalist, Danie Dharma? Check how how he trains his arms and how you can too in the latest episode of MH Trainer!
Danie’s Biceps Pro Tips:
- Keep your feet shoulder and grip shoulder width apart
- Curl the bar up in a slow, controlled manner and squeeze your biceps at the top
- Lower the weight slowly
- Don’t swing the bar up using your lower back
Danie’s Triceps Pro Tips:
- Measure grip from centre of the bar
- Ensure the pulley attachment is straight
- Keep elbows close to body and avoid leaning too far forward
- Keep elbows bent at 90 degrees
- Vary your grips to target different parts of your triceps
When to go heavier?
- If you can do about 4-6 reps or fewer, stick with your current weight.
- If you can do more than 15-20, you can consider increasing the weight.
By Gilbert Wong, Men’s Health Content Producer