If you’re just starting out and have dreams of building a big chest, let the reigning Men’s Health Singapore Cover Guy Syafiq Hassan show you how he built his with the bench press, and how you can too in the latest episode of MH Trainer!
Syafiq’s Bench Press Pro Tips:
- Warm up with an empty bar or half your body weight if you’re stronger.
- Plant your feet flat on the ground.
- Slightly arch your back for a more stable position.
- Place your thumbs over the bar.
- Place your head at eye level below the bar.
- Place hands slight higher than shoulder width.
- Exhale when exerting force.
When to go heavier?
- If you can do 8 reps or fewer, stick with your current weight.
- If you can do more than 10, you can consider increasing the weight.