- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 piece chicken breast (100g)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 slices sourdough bread, 1.5cm thick (200g)
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 strips marinated sundried tomato (15g)
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add canola oil.
- Using a knife, score the chicken breast by cutting lines, about 5mm deep, across the grain of the flesh. Crush the garlic clove and rub it all over the chicken breast.
- Next, fry the breast for 2 to 3 minutes on each side (turning once or twice), until it is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 2 to 3 minutes, for excess liquid to drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the sandwich by stacking bread, chicken, tomato strips, basil and bread. Serve.
- Options: Toast the bread for 5 minutes for added crunch. Then spread some cream cheese for a richer texture. Each tablespoon (10g) adds 35 calories.