Free Expert Tips To Train For A Marathon Need advice to run a marathon? Or maybe you want to complete your 42km in a faster time? Check out these free expert tips and nutritional advice to assist your training.
Whether you're trying for a three-pointer or tossing that football clear to the other side of the soccer field (hopefully, you're the goalie or that's a foul), explosive power throwing is a technique that requires the right muscles. Try the cable wood chop in explosive fashion. Training your body to rotate more explosively through your core can add distance and velocity to your throw. You’ll also protect your shoulder from injury says sports coach Mike Gough.
1. Attach a rope handle to a high-pulley cable.
2. Stand with your left side toward the stack and your feet slightly more than shoulder-width apart.
3. Grab the rope with both hands.
4. Keeping your arms straight and your abs tight, bend your knees as you forcefully pull the handle down and across your body towards your right lower leg.
5. Reverse the motion and finish your reps before switching sides. Do two or three sets of five to seven repetitions.